This is for all those wackos out there that just wanna let their hair down and take in some nonsensical ummm..... nonsense. Well buckle up and let's go on a MaD HaTTa ride to Bollixville. WoOp WoOp De WoOp!¡!

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Welcome to the darkside....

This is gonna be another lame arsed post. Muh life still blows custard worms. I apologise profusely to those of u that read this and think, "Cud this punk waste anymo of my time? I need counselling to heal me from these mental wounds!" Well tuff turtleneckers... u came here on ur own accord, so u shant be thinking any negatives wen reading this blasted entry!

Ummm... well that leads me to me next riveting point- actually I'm still picking me brain for something to write on. GOT IT!!! hahahha....I read this marketing article about how there's been a move toward the morbid in street art, fashion and cute collectible toys. It was a real refreshment from the lovey dovey, goodwill cheer that's clogged the marketing pipes for the past few years. Even though the re-emergence of the whole 80's punk thing could have sparked the doom and gloom theme- I know I welcome it with open arms. The sinister undertones definitely appeal to me. Some good examples of where this creepy has been crawling:

• The 55 DSL "Dark Tales" campaign
• Tim Burton's sinister Death of the Oyster Boy characters.
• Cutting edge Australian brand Schwipe launched their new line of clothing called "The Brain range" all adorned with Grim Reapers and other gory motifs.
• Adidas sneaker range sports the skull and cross bone insignia
• Street art found in NY's Lower East side and Williamsburg, Brooklyn offers evidence of nightmarish gore in hipster creativity.
• Cashmere designer, Lucien Pellat-Finet added a hint of the darker side to his collection with the skull theme.


I love it, I love it! Finally peeps are catering for us freakish fellas (and I do use that term very loosely). When I find the time in my chaotic day, I'll try and google some links or pic refs on the above for those of u interested muppets. (or if any of u readers beat me to it- hook a sista up aye :D)

In da mean time keep sifting thru da moosh of hypocrisy...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shrutz said...

Black is beautiful! w00t w00t, like someone I know says....
Tootz

3:18 PM

 
Blogger Roz aka The Twinset said...

Damn straight sean... hope it dun go too mainstream tho- commercialization can muck things up too. *huggers*
__________

Thanks tootz! Who says what?? lol. Black is beautiful is a very SAcan saying... U go girlie
xooxoxox

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home